Location: Manchester, M20
• Are you an experienced and dedicated RMN, with experience working with Dementia patients?
• Are you a person that can make a real difference to people’s lives?
• Can you provide excellent Mental Health care?
• Could you provide effective and person-centred evidence-based care?
• Are you someone who thrives working as part of a team?
• Looking for opportunities to grow within healthcare?
If you answered yes to the above, we have just the role for you!
Our client is looking for an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to join their team in Manchester. Working as part of a team of specialists in an acute ward you will be experienced in the provision of care to individuals with dementia. Supporting the Clinical manager at all times to provide the best care possible for their 30 service users.
Support the Registered Manager and Clinical Manager to deliver high-quality nursing care services in their 30 bedded setting. The Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) must have a valid NMC PIN. Advocating for the rights of service users, working with the care team to enable residents to live their lives to the fullest of their ability.
• Responsible for drug administration.
• Responsible for maintaining comprehensive, up to date and accurate records.
• Responsible for identifying areas of clinical risk, reporting incidents and taking preventative action to ensure residents needs are being met.
• Ensure care meets the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’
• Deliver high-quality mental health services to residents with the support of the Registered Manager.
• Set, monitor, and evaluate standards of care and clinical auditing
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for residents
• Champion resident safety and dignity and promote person centred care
• Understand, and have demonstrable experience of, the care planning process and how to write effective Care Plans
• Able to effectively manage difficult situations with tact, diplomacy and compassion, especially with resident’s friends and family
The ideal candidate
• Must have a clinical background and a valid NMC PIN
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a nurse with a strong focus on Mental Health
• Right to work in the UK
• Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
• Must be able to provide 5 years of satisfactory references pertinent to the role
• Sound knowledge and experience working within mental health settings with individuals with complex needs and challenging behaviour
• Possess excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of health and safety matters relating to care services and risk management
• Administrative skills and computer literacy with a strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy are essential
• A positive person with a passion for care
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and one’s own time with a minimum of supervision
• Commitment to continuous professional development
• Be able to think outside the box in solutions
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Take pride in your work, exceptional attention to detail and reliability are essential.
Free Parking, 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits programme, continued professional development.
£19,294 to £38,588 dependent on experience and hours worked
Job type: Permanent
Get in touch
Looking for a new job? It can be difficult to know where to get started, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch to have a proper chat about what you’re looking for.