Location: Stockport, SK7
Based in Stockport our client requires a Senior Healthcare Assistant (days) to join their team on a 6 month fixed term contract. The care home provides residential care to residents with dementia in a 50 bedded setting. You will lead the way to support their residents, enabling them to live full and enriched lives as far as they are able to, as a key member of the team.
Working with the management team you will lead the Care Team in the provision of high standards of care expected for their residents. You will be driven by a passion for care and have experience working with elderly residents in a similar setting. Bringing together your knowledge and experience to enhance the team dynamic.
• Experience of working within elderly care
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience within healthcare
• Adhere to, and assist in, the implementation of care plans
• Assist in the administration and medication record management according to company policy and legislative requirements.
• Lead by example with regards to residents' safety and dignity and provide strong support and leadership to the care team
• Collaborate with other team members and external agencies to achieve person-centred care for all residents
The ideal candidate
• NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or higher
• Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
• Must be able to provide 5 years of satisfactory references pertinent to the role
• Experience of eMAR and electronic patient record systems would be an advantage
• Keen drive to provide compassionate person-centred care
• Senior Carer/experienced Healthcare Assistant looking to take the next step to further your career
• Minimum of 2 years’ healthcare experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Right to work in the UK
• Experience of person-centred care
• Knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to home care services and risk management
• Attention to detail and accuracy within administrative skills and computer literacy.
Free Parking, 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays.
£19,000 - £22,000
Job type: Permanent
Get in touch
Looking for a new job? It can be difficult to know where to get started, so we’ve done some of the hard work for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch to have a proper chat about what you’re looking for.